Today,We would talk about breastfeeding.. The motto behind this discussion is to make women aware about its importance.As, nowadays working women avoid breastfeeding and choose formulated milk due to some reasons.so just to spread awareness world celebrated World breastfeeding week recently.
Basically,World breastfeeding week is celebrated from 1st august to 7th august.The idea behind organising such event is solely to promote,support and encourage breastfeeding amongst new mothers across the globe.
It was celebrated in 1992,for the first time.Many medical experts,recommend breastfeeding exclusively for 6 months and for a year at least with other foods which should be started at 6 months.
Moreover,now working women avoid breastfeeding due to some reasons like they prefer flexibility of knowing that anyone can bottlefeed the baby anytime; they don’t want to breastfeed in public; formulated milk is tend to digest slowly than breastfed milk.So comparatively less frequent sessions; moreover breastfeeding is time consuming;new mothers do not want to give up their coffee and alcohol and breast pumping at work is hard.
But at the same time it is very important for a baby to be breastfed.It has certain benefits for baby like:
– breastfed milk provides nutrition to baby and antibodies to strengthen the immunity.
– Lowers the baby’s risk of having asthma or allergies.
– Breastfeeding has been linked to higher IQ scores in later childhood in some studies.
-Breastfed infants are more likely to gain the right amount of weight as they grow rather than become overweight.
– It plays a role in the prevention of sudden infant death syndrome.
There are some benefits for mothers as well.:
– Burns extra calories helps mother losing pregnancy weight faster.
– Helps uterus to return to pre- pregnancy size.
– Lowers the risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
– It may lower the risk of Osteoporosis.(weakening of bones)
So,This was the brief information about breastfeeding and its importance.A very small message to all new mothers and to be mothers as well..
SUPPORT BREASTFEEDING FOR A HEALTHIER PLANET..
– Dr.Pooja Patel